Meet the cast of ThunderKid! From Aki to Ula have a quick peek at Denki and the ThunderKid Gang before heading to the comics!
Full Name: Denki Raiyama
Nicknames: “Little Denki,” “ThunderKid,” “Stranger”
Birthday: April 1
Celian Race: LightNin/Thundran
Denki is the perky yet often loopy hero of the story. One day. a baby rain dragon named Flarai and freak thunderstorm revealed to himself that he was a Celian from the world of Atmos, and since then he got the “Aki name” “ThunderKid!” Now he and Flarai travel in this new world that he and his best friend Haruka found to seek out adventures and someday bring the rest of his pals along for the trip!
Denki likes playing baseball, playing RPGs, but mostly hanging out with his best friends. Though he’s extremely dense at times, he has a good nature which makes it really easy for him to make friends as he is extremely kind and courteous. He particularly has a big soft spot when it comes to crying girls. Naturally as the hero of the story, he also has a strong sense of justice!
- “Den” means “lightning” in Japanese while “-ki” is a typical suffix for boys in Japan. The Raiyama’s named him “Denki” because they found him during a thunderstorm in a tree!
- Denki is the second youngest of the “first five” after Natsumi.
Name: Haruka Hanashiro
Birthday: March 22
Haruka is the kinda super bossy rich-girl type and the heroine of the story who is always trying something new and different. This friendly but firm little go-getter never lets anything stop her from doing something new even if she gets a little dirty. In fact, it was thanks to her that she and Denki were able to discover the world of Atmos in the first place and she is making plans for her big return!
Haruka’s really smart and acts as a second big sister to Denki who is her best friend, and as the de-facto leader of the ThunderKid gang. Though she likes the piano well enough thanks to her dad, she really is more of a jack-of-all-trades or at least she wants to be that someday.
- Haruka is named for the season spring where “haru” is spring in Japanese and “ka” is a typical suffix for girls. The suffix “ko” is also common for girls
- Don’t call her “Princess!”
Name: Aki Hamura
Birthday: September 21
Aki is the self-appointed cool guy of the ThunderKid gang. Since he’s the oldest of the “first five” he calls everyone younger than him “kid” except for Haruka who he calls “Princess.” No one really knows why though. It’s either because they are both older, or because he likes being a jerk!
Despite his cool and aloof manner most of the time however, Aki can actually be a bit of a romantic. He secretly still likes old fairy tales and their ideals, especially that of the age-old happy ending. Naturally though, he’ll never own up to that, especially around Haruka and Natsumi.
- Aki is named for the Fall in Japanese which is actually the Japanese word for it! The “-ki” in his name is also a typical suffix for boys in Japan.
- Aki has a baby sister Ami who he calls “Lina” sometimes, which is short (no pun intended) for “Thumbelina.”
Name: Natsumi Youkishi
Birthday: June 21
Natsumi is the sweet, bubbly, and impressionable little sister of the ThunderKid gang. Arguably, Natsumi is the biggest girly-girl of Denki’s friends. Girly and giddy, fancy and frilly she loves to wear bows in her hair, pretty dresses, and fancy shoes. She’s also very polite and giddy and almost never gets mad at anyone.
Since she’s the youngest of the “first five,” she looks up to everyone as her hero, especially her best girl friend Haruka and her crush Denki. Of course she loves it whenever she gets a chance to play big sister so she loves being around younger kids.
- Natsumi is named for the Summer where “natsu” is “summer” in Japanese and “mi” is a Japanese for “beauty.” Spelt out her name literally translates to “Summer Beauty!”
- Natsumi is actually afraid of lightning, which says a lot that she’s nowhere near afraid of Denki when he uses his power!
Name: Fuyuki Yukihashi
Birthday: December 22
Fuyuki is the sweet but shy one of the ThunderKid gang. He has a big crush on Natsumi but is too afraid to tell her. But since Natsumi is sweeter on him than anyone, it’s okay. He’ll always step up when she and others are in trouble which proves that he’s braver than he gives himself credit for.
Though he has a soft-spoken nature, this tends to give him a lot of focus when he’s doing something. This makes him even better at playing games (arcade and otherwise) than even Denki!
- Fuyuki is named for the Winter where “fuyu” means “winter” in Japanese. The “-ki” in his name is also a typical suffix for boys in Japan.
- Fuyuki is kinda afraid of high places, so a trip to Atmos may not be in his future until he handles that!